Recently, and for time now I have been observing the behavior of certain posters in different Discussion Groups on Facebook. These users are referred to as “Trolls”. These Atheist Trolls are obnoxious users who set about to either directly blaspheme the Lord Jesus Christ and misquote/take out of context portions of the Holy Bible in a concerted effort to undermine Christian values and beliefs.
Their posts may contain memes or short videos all with the effort to discourage persons from accepting the Lord Jesus as personal Lord and Saviour.
17 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;
18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.
It is important to realize that trolls generally thrive on stirring up drama and gaining attention by posting shocking, offensive, and ungodly content. In their own demon inspired twisted minds they feel a strong sense of accomplishment when they can upset and anger other people. Some will even try to bring racism into God’s plan of salvation by referring to the Lord Jesus as the “white man’s God” and then attempt to promote some ancient Egyptian mythology as the pathway to spiritual enlightenment.
II Timothy 3:1-2/8
This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
Atheist trolls are cruel and malicious users who want to set an online community on fire with hate and discord. They feed off the negative reactions that they can draw out of different users.
The Sad Truths of Internet Trolls:
- Trolls are immune to criticism and logical arguments. True trolls cannot be reasoned with, regardless of how sound your logical argument is.
- Trolls do not feel remorse like you and me. They have sociopathic tendencies, and accordingly, they delight in other people having hurt feelings.
- Trolls consider themselves separate from the social order.
- Trolls do not abide by etiquette or the rules of common courtesy.
- Trolls consider themselves above social responsibility.
- Trolls gain energy by you insulting them.
- Trolls gain energy when you get angry.
- The only way to deal with a troll is to ignore him, or take away his ability to post online.
How Should I Deal With Internet Trolls?
You cannot win with a troll. Publicly retaliating against them just fuels their childish need for attention.
There are only 3 reliable ways to deal with atheist trolls, all of which focus on removing their audience, removing their power, and depriving them of the attention they seek.
- For a casual or emergent troll: completely ignore the person’s postings. While it is difficult for most users to to let a troll have the last word, this tactic successfully takes the wind out of a casual troll’s sails.
- For repeating troll offenders: Block them from your timeline or ban them from your Facebook Page.
- Personally, if I see something that I must respond to I simply write: “Satan is a Liar!” and I go my way after that. This exposes the spirit behind the post and let’s them know that I am on to them.
The scriptures predicted accurately that these kinds of persons would have been around in the last days. Therefore do not let their works upset you in anyway or cause you to take your eyes off of the Lord Jesus Christ, the author and the finisher of our faith. Amen.